Sunday, January 22, 2012

Process Painting and 4th Year




Mark Rothko
In 4th year painting, one of our assignments is to do 3 paintings 40"x40". We are to research 3 artists, one of whose art we have seen live in person, and combine these 3 styles into our own painting. I chose Mark Rothko, Marc Chagall and Michael Adamson, a Canadian born Toronto Artist whose work I saw a SOPA Art Gallery here in Kelowna. We also have to do 'drawings' and I have decided to do my on 9"x9"pieces of raw canvas, old paintings cut up, water colour paper, old water colour paintings....so much stuff hanging around the house that I don't like so I might as well recycle it. So today is the beginning of the process and I began with Rothko. I may never get to Chagall's images...but maybe his colours or his feel or probably his fiddler which to me will always be symbolic of the jewish faith in which I was raised. They create a similar feeling as do the Basler Waggis that for me are a symbol of  the Basler tradition
Michael Adamson  All the way to California
Marc Chagall Fiddler on the Roof

No comments:

Post a Comment